Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Green Parenting Group

I recently watched "An Inconvenient Truth" and it's slowly sinking in that we need to make some big changes in our family. I haven't been a big environmentalist, but I am getting motivated to take responsibility for my family's impact. I also want to look at what I'm teaching my kids about consumption and their interconnection with everyone (and everything) else. Since I'm so new to this whole thing, I'd love to meet up and talk with other families working through these projects too.

If you live in Seattle, our first meeting is on Wednesday, December 12th at Ravenna Third Place Books at 7:00pm. Just in time for the holidays! We're also talking about a toyswap/playdate for little guys so keep an eye open for that too. I get overwhelmed by the info flying around out there, so I'll start organizing all the good ideas from our meetings and conversations here.

For daily conversation about going green, join our listserve by sending an empty email here: goinggreenfamily-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. (Note to my shy friends: there's no pressure to actively participate and we'd love to have you join!)

Please send your thoughts, ideas, suggestions, concerns, questions, comments, ideas about going green!

No comments: